Thursday, February 9, 2012

DON'T APPLY FOR GLOBE POSTPAID - please share


I haven't used this blog for a while but I thought it would a good place to have this item searchable.

The subject says it all... please share...

AFTER 10 WORKING DAYS (2 WEEKS), 4 CALLS, 10+ TALKTOGLOBE ATTEMPTS, 2 EMAIL COMPLAINTS, I DIDN'T GET A REPLY (FOR MY APPLICATION OR MY COMPLAINT). IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING GETTING A POSTPAID PLAN FROM GLOBE, DON'T. IF THIS IS THE SERVICE YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THEM, IMAGINE HOW IT WOULD BE IF YOU HAD A PROBLEM AND ALREADY HAD A LINE FROM THEM.

This is the email I sent them (to two different customer service emails) yesterday (3 DAYS AFTER MY FIRST EMAIL):

First and foremost, I want to say I have experienced terrible customer service so far. I sent a complaint (this email 3 days ago) and have not received any sort of communication back. I have no faith in your company's ability to provide service anymore.

THIS IS WHAT I SENT 3 DAYS AGO TO GLOBEONLINE SALES EMAIL:

I have been trying to follow up my application for a postpaid plan.

My name is Richard Dacalos my prepaid number is 0905XXXXXXX. I have been a prepaid subscriber for over a decade with my previous number 09173XXXXXX. And in the least, I am extremely disappointed. If this is how, you treat your loyal customers, I'd rather move my services elsewhere.

I made my application last week thursday (submitted the requirements on Friday).

I was told it would be processed within 2-5 days. I was told that I would receive some sort of communication.

I have not received anything and it is Sunday. Past 6 working days. (IT IS NOW PAST 9 WORKING DAYS)

If you are not going to make it within 2-5 days. Don't promise that. I'm left with the experience of terrible service. I'm left with not trusting you to deliver on what you promise.

Aside from that, I called your hotline to be redirected to your 1234 text line/status check.

For three hours, I tried to get connected to an agent to no avail. I get connected only to be told ive been idle too long when in truth i had just replied.

I called 2 more times. Only be told if I would try again it would work this time. And that they could NOT refer me to someone who could help me.

Needless to say it didn't work. And again, I felt I was lied to and that you can't deliver on your promises.

I then tried to connect to your online chat. Still was not redirected over to an agent.

I feel like I wasted 4 hours of my life. Economically speaking, I could have been working within that time, instead of trying to follow up an application that should have delivered previously. And instead of moving forward, I've lost money (a minimum of 3000php lost in hours of work lost) trying to get a service that should be simplifying my life.

I want to know what's happening. I want something to be done to be reassured that this won't happen again and that at least I get the feeling that you care about your customers. Because as of now, I'm not getting it.

I'm expecting a prompt response. I'm expecting an update. I'm expecting a shift in your service.

If I don't, I'm obtaining the services of another provider and I'm making my complaint public. (I AM COMMITTED TO MAKE THIS PUBLIC BY 5PM TOMORROW IF I HAVE NO RESPONSE FROM YOU)

Sincerely,

Richard Weinbrenner Dacalos

THAT'S WHAT I SENT. DON'T EVEN BOTHER APPLYING. IT'S NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. WHATEVER AMOUNT YOU MIGHT "SAVE" FROM THEIR "DEALS/PROMOS" - YOU'LL PROBABLY END UP LOSING BECAUSE OF THEIR TERRIBLE SERVICE.

Update: 7 months later (Sent Feb - Today is 9/5) - No response to date. No apology. No nothing. I got a SMART line and I'm very happy with the service. No complaints. No hidden charges. And the reassurance that their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Division is doing great things for our country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5 mos left na lang and matatapos na yung 3yrs contract ko with globe. omg finally. pakiramdam ko makakalaya ako sa bilangguan. imagine 350 a month lang dapat monthly bill ko pero pagdating ng bill ko umaabot minsan 1.5k-2.5k ang charges sakin dahil sa data usage? i use an iphone 5 and alam ko na dapat lage mong itturn off yung cellular data mo para hindi continuous ang charging ng data. kung gamitin ko man yung data para mag surf ng net eh matagal na ang 15mins kasi super bilis lang. ginagamit ko lang pang reply sa tweets. i hardly use yung 3g nila kasi i have wifi at work and at home and patay ang cellular data ng iphone ko so hindi ko alam kung san nila pinagkukukuha ang charges nila sakin. well ofcourse magccomplain ako and aayusin naman nila. kaya lang every month na lang ganon ang problema eh. nakakapagod din kaya magalit everytime na makikita ko bill ko and nakakapagod din mag reklamo sa hotline nila. same old sh!t na lang. kaya few wks ago i decided to avail yung smart’s freedom plan and so far so good. masaya ako sa service. saktong sakto ang charges walang labis walang kulang and then yung globe simcard ko itinago ko na lang sa drawer. now my question is since mga 5mos left na lang ang natitira sa contract ko with globe tapos plan 350 a month lang sha, medyo natetempt kasi ako na hindi na lang sha bayaran dahil sa sama ng loob ko sa kanila. sobrang dami kong bad experiences kasi sa kanila. from poor signal to hidden charges. willing ako magbayad kahit ilang libo pa yan basta siguradong ako ang gumawa kaya lang hindi eh. gusto ko tuloy na pabayaan na lang at hindi na bayaran kasi super useless eh and hindi worth it. ano kaya ang worst na pwede mangyare? hope someone can give me a piece of advice.