Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tony Jaa in the Protector - 4 minutes of unedited fighting

I was "stumbling" again and I found a cool video of Tony Jaa.

Tony Jaa was in films such as "Ong Bak" and the cleverly named sequel, "Ong Bak 2". Capoeiristas might remember him as the "hero" in the short fight sequence with Lateef Crowder entitled "Muay Thai vs. Capoeira" (a scene cut from the movie "Ong Bak 2").

The video I found was a 4 minute unedited fight sequence. When I say unedited, I mean UNEDITED. The scene is cut from the movie Tom Yum Goong or "The Protector" (presented by Quentin Tarantino).
The scene goes on uncut (broken props and all) for an entire 4 minutes.

Here's the link: http://omgvids.com/fightb.php

Enjoy!

On a side note:

I'm quite confused actually with the whole name thing. There is some confusion on if "Ong Bak 2" is the same as "The Protector". I guess that's the problem with international releases. From my own research on Amazon, the synopses seemed the same.

Here's what I deduced:

Tom Yum Goong is Ong Bak 2.
The Protector is Tom Yum Goong.
So logically, it would follow that The Protector is Ong Bak 2.

(I apologize if my inner philosophy major came out on that one)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom Yum Goong is Ong Bak 2.
The Protector is Tom Yum Goong.
So logically, it would follow that The Protector is Ong Bak 2.

(I apologize if my inner philosophy major came out on that one)


->hahaha funny :)