Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Thought - The Universe Conspires

'Cuz sometimes after a hump day, you just want to think...

The universe conspires. It sounds so new-agey (I contend that it is a word).

The idea is so very, "The Alchemist". And, more and more I'm starting to believe it.

I actually read the book in high school. I didn't really like it. I actually liked Coelho's writing style more than the book itself. His pacing actually makes reading a lot easier for someone with borderline ADHD.

How I used to read.

But back to my point...

The universe conspires.
I feel this more and more because right now it just seems my life is coming together in the right places.

I guess the reason why I didn't think much of the idea before was because of my mindset. I wasn't quite ready to own the idea just yet. But my perspective has changed, a paradigm shift if you will.

Coelho, in his work, made it look so out there. The idea that if you pursue your dreams (or at least your true purpose), the world will help you in every way possible. Bullshit...

Well, that's what I thought.

But I think more than anything, it's a matter of perspective. It doesn't have to be a purely spiritual, metaphysical, explanation (though that aspect does give an added layer of depth to the idea). It can be explained in a more rational way (if that floats your boat).

If you truly believe in what you are doing, take ownership of your life, I think the world will notice. If you put your heart into it, I think the world will notice. And if you're doing something you hate or don't love, the world will notice too (and help you fail).

I think as humans we have an inclination to help others. Levinas called this substitution.

Imagine a trash can being randomly pushed down by someone on the side of the street. Not so bad right? Now imagine the same thing happening to a person. Not so cool right? (Well, if you don't particularly dislike the other person.)

Substitution. Not so cool if it were a person. "Pank's nat ded."

So in some way, we want to help each other out (unless you're a complete douchebag).

With me, I think by changing my outlook and taking ownership, people felt they were becoming part of something big and that's why I get the help I need to move forward.

Just something to think about.

(Buy my book!)

No comments: