Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Nominations for 2007 Performancing Blog Awards

I was doing my usual freelance job hunting on Freelance Writing Jobs when I came across Deborah Ng's post about the Performancing Blog Awards.

I was intrigued. Seriously, I was. So intrigued, in fact, that I followed the the link to Performancing.com

Performancing is now accepting nominations under several blogging categories. Check out the post for more info!

I nominated my blog for best name. If you think, my blog is worthy of such a title then please nominate me as well. Here's how i nominated:

Best Blog Name: D-liberate: The Musings of a Modern Renaissance Man (my blog)

The name has several meanings. It is a play of words. It plays around with my nickname "D-cal". It also can mean "D liberate" as in "D" my name and "liberate" the verb. And the more obvious word would be deliberate. It took me a while to think of this and I think it's a pretty good name.


Best Blog Community: Performancing.com and FilipinoWriter.com

Performancing.com offers several good job openings and is always good for a tip or two. I visit it on a daily basis (sometimes even an hourly basis).

FilipinoWriter.com is a simple site/community. It caters primarily to Filipino writers but is open to all. It allows Filipino writers to post and share books, blogs, poems, etc. The owner Noid also has established several useful tips for writers.

Best Writing/Blogging Blog: Freelance Writing Jobs by Deborah Ng

This site never disappoints. Always has a useful tip or article on writing and always provides the best job posts online. I actually found performancing.com through this blog.

Best Sports Blog: The Capoeira Blog

Managed by "Faisca", the blog has several posts that are useful to both the person who is unfamiliar with the Brazilian Martial Art and to the person has been practicing it for years. It has a simple clean design and is very easy to navigate through. It also provides regular links to relevant Capoeira sources.

The Best Parenting and Family Blog: Raising Kids

This is owned by Angelita Barlonga. Her first born was diagnosed with a language processing disorder, while, her second child is a survivor of Stephen-Johnson Syndrome. She managed to cope with these difficulties and now gives advice on child raising. The language needs a little improvement but the advice is still clear and is always done with heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out my new Capoeira commercial! Thanks for watching!
dgo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=celXZn9Yn_s